Your six ingredients are:
Tortilla Pancakes | Cooked Chicken or Prawns | Raw Veggies | Rice or Beans | Cheese | Dressing
This taco salad is really easy to assemble and so much fun to make! If you want, you can make your own bowls out of tortilla wraps to put the salad in too, but, if you’re watching the carbs, then just put the ingredients straight on your plate.
Below are some suggestions of items you can include – why not pick one/two from each category and customise your own dish? This is a great idea for a party, whereby everyone can help themselves from a “Taco bar” and it’s a wonderful way to use up any leftovers you might have at home.
Vibrant Taco Salad with Homemade Tortilla Bowls
- June 26, 2018
- 4 people Servings
- 25 min
- Print this
- 8 large tortilla pancakes (optional)
- 1 cup of cooked spicy chicken, prawns or leftover chilli
- 1 cup of raw vegetables such as diced tomatoes, diced spring onions (scallions), chopped coriander (cilantro), slices of avocado, carrot shavings, cucumber batons, charred sweetcorn or shredded lettuce
- 1 cup of cooked black beans, brown rice or kidney beans
- 1 handful of grated cheddar or slices of halloumi
- your favourite dressing such as lime juice, sour cream or natural yoghurt
- Step 1
- To make the tortilla bowls Preheat the oven to 180°C and drape each tortilla across the top of a small, upturned ovenproof bowl or push it inside the bowl with a ball of foil to hold it open. Pop the bowl in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the tortillas brown very slightly and firm up to hold their bowl shape. Serve hot or cold.
- Step 2
- To assemble the dish Pick one (or more!) item from each category and lay them out in your bowl or straight on your plate in a beautiful rainbow of food. Customise with your favourite dressing and tuck in!
Scared you might miss something?