Your six ingredients are:
Chicken | Garlic | Sun-dried Tomatoes | White Wine | Double Cream | Spinach
This Tuscan chicken with garlic, tomatoes, and spinach has just six ingredients and brings back fond memories for me as I first ate it on my honeymoon. It’s become a regular fixture at our table and the whole family loves it – even the kids! There’s just something about the combination of creamy garlic sauce and sweet tomatoes that has you craving more. And the kids haven’t even noticed the spinach yet!
It can be on your table in just 30 minutes and is great served over pasta or gnocchi.
Tuscan-Style Chicken with Garlic, Tomatoes and Spinach
- June 27, 2018
- 4 people Servings
- 30 min
- Print this
- 4 large, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g sun-dried tomatoes
- A good splash of dry white wine
- 200ml double cream
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Step 1
- Slice the chicken breasts widthways into about 6 pieces each (so you’ve got nice fat “fingers” of chicken). Put a little cooking oil into a large, heavy-based frying pan and place on a medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, fry the chicken slices until lightly browned and cooked through, about 7-9 minutes, then take the chicken out and put to one side.
- Step 2
- Using the same pan, add a little more oil and turn the heat down to medium-low. Gently fry the crushed garlic, taking care not to burn it, then when it is softened and sweet smelling, add the chopped tomatoes for a further minute, then pour in the white wine and let it boil for a minute for the alcohol to come off.
- Step 3
- Stir through the double cream and then when it starts to gently bubble, return the chicken pieces to the pan, nestling them into the sauce. If you think the sauce is getting a little thick, then just add in half a cup of hot water.
- Step 4
- Finally, add the handful of spinach to the pan and stir to combine. When the spinach has wilted, after just a few minutes, it’s ready to eat! This chicken dish is very versatile and if you don’t want to serve it over pasta or gnocchi, it’s great with potatoes or rice instead. You can also finish it off with a grating of fresh parmesan cheese, if you like.
Scared you might miss something?