Your six ingredients are:
Onion | Korma Curry Paste | Coconut Milk | Sweet Potatoes | Chickpeas | Baby Spinach
I’m writing this recipe in January, a time when many of us undertake a frantic detox to combat the effects of a wonderfully indulgent Christmas and New Year. There’s something about the turn of the year that makes us want to start afresh; our jobs, hobbies, home life and diets all get a makeover. And this vegetarian Superfood Korma, packed with sweet potatoes, spinach and chickpeas, makes it easy to for you to ensure you are eating the best you can so that you have the energy to take on life once more.
It’s also a one-pot curry (like this Thai Green Prawn Curry) which makes it ideal for those busy weeknights. Why not add it to your meal plan this week?
Photographs by Rustic Foodie Girl Rachel.
Spinach and Chickpea Superfood Korma
- June 27, 2018
- 4 people Servings
- 30 min
- Print this
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 heaped tbsp. Korma curry paste
- 1x400ml tin coconut milk
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 1x400g tin chickpeas
- A handful of baby spinach
- To Serve (Optional)
- A handful of flaked almonds
- Naan bread
- Step 1
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan and add the onion. Fry gently until golden and soft.
- Step 2
- Stir in the korma paste and fry for a few more minutes to release the fragrance.
- Step 3
- Add the coconut milk and sweet potatoes, bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked.
- Step 4
- A few minutes before the end, add in the chick peas and spinach.
- Step 5
- Divide between four bowls and garnish with the almonds, if using and offer naan bread for dipping, if you like.