Your six ingredients are:
Baguette | Artichoke Antipasti | Garlic | Avocados | Lemon | Baby Red Radishes
This is one of those recipes that came to me in a “wow” moment. It’s a brunch, or supper, or starter – or whatever! And it’s ready in just 10 minutes. Did I mention that it tastes absolutely divine? And if you’re not already convinced, here’s the clincher: all you have to do is put some bread in the toaster to cook it.
See? Wow. Smashed-Avocado Toasts with Marinated Artichokes. It’s on my menu today.
Smashed Avocado Toasts with Marinated Artichokes and Baby Red Radishes
- June 27, 2018
- 2 people Servings
- 10 min
- Print this
- 4 large slices good French baguette
- The oil and 8 pieces of artichoke from a jar of antipasti - try to get a good-quality jar, like Carluccio's
- 1 clove garlic, peeled but not chopped
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 large lemon
- 2 baby red radishes, sliced very thinly
- Step 1
- Pop the slices of baguette in the toaster until lightly browned. As soon as they are done and while they are still hot, drizzle over a good glug of olive oil from the artichoke jar, and rub each baguette slice with the peeled garlic clove. Put to one side.
- Step 2
- Halve the avocados, take out the stone and scoop out the flesh. Put the pieces into a small bowl and immediately squeeze over the juice from half the lemon, to prevent the avocado from turning brown. Mash the avocado with a fork, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste as you go.
- Step 3
- To assemble the toasts, spread a quarter of the mashed avocado on each of the baguette slices, top with the radishes and then 2 pieces of artichoke per toast. Squeeze over the rest of the lemon juice, drizzle with more artichoke oil and eat straight away.
For a great variation, why not customise your topping? Thinly-sliced beef tomatoes, crispy streaky bacon and a fried egg all work well with the avocado and make a great healthy breakfast.
Scared you might miss something?
I’m sharing this recipe on